Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thank you for the woman that I am

Lord, there have been times when I felt so different,

So weird, so unlike the people that I know.

It has taken me a while to figure out that,

I am different by Divine design.



I am different because you have made me

with gifts and traits and a genetic combination that no one else has.

No one in all the ages of the world has ever been me

and no one ever will..

So I can celebrate the fact that You have made each tiny part of me unique.



Deliver me, Father, from feeling weird.

Deliver me from ever wishing that I were someone else.

Deliver me from envy and jealousy of other people’s lives.



Help me to discover the wonder of the woman that You created me to be.

Help me to understand what a rare and precious treasure I am to you.

Help me to realise that I can give the world some things that no one else can give in the same way.



Thank You, Lord, for the awesome, creative work

You have done as You brought me into being.

Thank you, Lord that I am who I am and that I have this life,

to live for your purpose and your glory.

Thank you for giving me the chance in life

to live my life well and

to be proud of the woman that I am!

No comments: